Thursday, December 9, 2010

tangled

Lily has owned this Seuss stuffed animal for about a year now but has recently started taking a more serious interest in it. She loves to sleep with it and drag it around the house and call it "baby." These days, she lovingly calls every doll or stuffed animal "baby" and likes to put them bed or tell me that they have tooted. Then this morning it occurred to me why she must feel a special bond with the yellow creature pictured above (aside from the raisin bran in its hair):



Lily's hair looks like this every single time she wakes up, whether she's been asleep for 12 hours or 1! It might even be a little tame in this picture because she'd been up for a couple hours when I took it so it'd had a little time for gravity to work some magic.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Bahhaahaha! Love it! Oh, how I miss you!

Heather S said...

Kirsten's hair has been doing the same thing, and I found a happy accidental solution! We got her a Tinkerbell toddler bedding set for Christmas. The pillow case is silky satin. Voila! Like I planned it! Of course, now she slips off the pillow, but hey! Now I don't have to wrestle with her snarly hair in the morning.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.