Lily also loves to go potty in public, especially at church during Sacrament meeting. She usually needs to go about 4 times. It's just such a fun game "I need to go potty." "No you don't, you just went." Then said LOUDER, "I need to go POTTY!" and you get the picture. She has such a great time getting to pee 5 drops, flush, wash hands, and get a drink from a water fountain!
Lily can stay dry when she wants to like at the zoo or during nursery (with one potty break halfway through). But then at a friend's for dinner, she went through ALL the spare clothes I had in my bag and in the car and I'm lucky to have found an old diaper with leaves stuck to it in the car or else we wouldn't have gotten to stay for the dinner.
But as of about 2 days ago, REGRESSION. Lily seems to have lost interest. Every single time she needs to go she starts in her underpants, stops it, and then maybe, or maybe not goes to the toilet. The last couple of days she doesn't even seem to care if she totally wets her pants. Sometimes this happens 3 times in half an hour...all day long. I just don't get it because she was better her first week than she is now, a month into it.
She was never driven by treats/stickers/bribes so I don't know if she would get it if I tried to push her with those now.
Tomorrow I'm going to try letting her go pantless. We'll see if it's any better. That's the only idea I have at the moment. She's been potty trained for a MONTH now so I'm really not inclined to give up and go buy diapers...I guess I should count my blessings that not once have I had to clean up #2 in her underpants! At least there's still that...
Any tips?

2 comments:
I feel for you! We went through this exact same thing with Laralyn. Going pantless didn't work for us. She was great in the buff, but the second we put those undies back on...disaster all over the floor. I hope it works for you!!! I ended up giving up and going back to diapers until she was almost three. She remembered what to do, and was trained in a couple days. I wish I had tips for you, but I obviously couldn't figure it out myself!! Good luck.
Camden was a very long process. Once I went into it I could not turn back to diapers. I realized with Camden there had to be push for her to get through her fears. I bought these covers and they were an amazing help. I highly recommend these over panties. http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-All-In-One-Waterproof-Training-Pants-18M-Boy/dp/B001C47APG/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1307391150&sr=8-14
They are excellent with the thicker training pants underneath. Her clothes would stay dry but she knew she wet her pants. We called them her special covers.
Post a Comment