Thursday, July 7, 2011

question of the day

family bike ride to Bridal Veil Falls


I know you are waiting on pins and needles to hear about my tour with the Mo Tab. Well it was amazing. So amazing that it feels overwhelming to think about blogging about it. So I will put it off for another evening and ease back into blogging with a funny from today.

Having a 5 year old means your days are full of questions. Lately he has been asking about babies. Yesterday at the dinner table Elliott asked, "How did the doctor get your babies out of your tummy?" Yummmmmy dinner conversation. I dodged it by saying I didn't want to talk about it at the dinner table and he hasn't remembered to ask me again.

Having a 2 year old means your days are full of getting bullied and bossed around by your 2 year old. "Mom! Get me a drink!...MORE!!!! I NEED A SNACK! I don't want this cereal, I want that cereal!!! I want to watch Einsteins!!! Nooooo the Bubble Einsteins (have yet to figure out what this is)" Bless that Lily and her verbal skills. Today I found myself saying, "Lily, how do you ask me for something? I am not your slave." To which my 5 year old said, "What's a slave?" Oh boy. So I start trying to explain but I'm clearly not making sense in his 5 year old head... "What's a black person?" Good grief have we lived in Utah that long?! So after trying to tell Elliott about the Civil War and how there's no more slavery, I explained that I only used that expression because when Lily demands things of me, she makes me feel like her slave. "But Mom," Elliott said, "we're your slaves."

4 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

BAH! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That was HILARIOUS! Sheesh! :P Love and miss you

happyfamily said...

Yes. This is my life.

KevandChels said...

We're in a very similar stage. I love how you captured the stage Peter and Lily seem to be sharing. I keep reminding myself that Jillian used to do the same thing so that I won't get discouraged that Peter will someday grow out of it:)

Monica said...

That gave me my best laugh today. Soooo funny!! :-) I remember thinking I was my parents' slave... or something like that...

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.