Saturday, December 24, 2011

a Christmas prank

On Thursday I was busy baking up a storm. When I make Christmas treats, I go all out making lots of different things. Okay this year, there were only 4 offerings: white cake mix cookies, rolled in crushed candy canes, with a Hershey candy cane kiss pushed in the middle, homemade peppermint patties (Bensons, your genius lives on!), milk and white chocolate dipped pretzel rods with Christmas sprinkles, and a mini loaf of gingerbread. This year I needed to make lots of gingerbread so I doubled America's Test Kitchen recipe, poured it into 6 small loaf pans, put them on a cookie sheet, and baked them. The loaves were looking big and like they might spill over when I left to run an errand, leaving Brian to take them out of the oven. The house smelled awesome and the loaves looked great when I came home.

Several hours later, I went to the bathroom and found something horrifying lying on the rug.

Lily was standing right next me when I found it and I said, "Oh my gosh! That's disgusting! Lily, did you poop on the rug?"......"yes," she admitted. "Why didn't you tell me?! Did you even wipe? Did I just send you to Andrew's house with a dirty bottom?!" Then.....I realized it didn't smell bad in the bathroom. As I picked up the rug, the item in question shifted way too easily and then I realized, Brian got me. The overflowing, goopy gingerbread, crusted on the cookie sheet, looked perfectly like, something less savory. Now why Lily admitted to pooping on the rug, we'll never know....later when we were talking about it again, she insisted that she was the culprit. Ah kids, so reliable.

You got me this time Brian, but watch out!

ps if you are asking yourself why I took a picture of "poop" before cleaning it up, I didn't. This picture was taken in another bathroom that Brian, a thorough prankster, had also set up for me. The original incident took place in another bathroom that had an orange rug, so it was even more striking!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Aw, poor Lily being blamed for Brian's pranks...haha. Glad someone carried on the peppermint patties tradition - we are lame and didn't even make any this year!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.