Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fishy conversation

For months now, a package of tilapia has been staring me in the face from the door of the freezer every time I've opened it.  Tonight was the night to stop the cycle.  (Come on, don't tell me I'm the only one with something in the freezer that was purchased with good intentions but never sounds appetizing!)  Brian rolled it in panko and spices and pan fried and it was delicious!  All 4 of us happily ate it.  While Elliott munched on his fish I told him, "Yes, it is like a chicken nugget but fish has healthy things in it that other meats don't have."  Elliott asked, "Like what?"  "Omega 3 Fatty Acids," I told him.  "Omega 3 Fatty Asses?" Elliott asked to make sure he heard right.  "NO!  No, Fatty Acids," Brian took over the explaining at this point as I tried to contain myself as to not draw undue attention to the naive swearing at the dinner table.  "Oh, Fatty Asses?"  "Acids, Elliott, Acids!" 

No comments:

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.