Well we found a great place! A non-smoking place! It is on the Missouri side so we're actually moving to a new state! Which would have seemed like a big deal to me before I moved here but now it's like, we found a nice place and it happens to be in Missouri, how about that. It's actually two doors down from a house we desperately wanted last summer and couldn't afford. This house is actually the SAME price our current house would be if we renewed our lease. It would boggle the mind if you saw the houses. However, there is a $67 fee every month on top of the rent that covers lawn care and snow removal! Woohoo! Both things we struggled with! This house is about the same size but it was built in 2003 (as opposed to 1950-something) so it's way nicer and cleaner feeling! And it has a two car garage with openers! And the kitchen is way better, with a pantry! Did you know I've never lived anywhere with an actual pantry? What will I do with somewhere to put my groceries?! Hmmmm put them there I suspect! Other big bonuses include 2 minutes from church and 5 minutes from a Super Walmart and a Super Target! What more could I ask for?! Oh wait, to take all my friends with me of course. =(
So you know how moving/packing goes, your house is a total wreck and you can't find anything. Well, we can't find our checkbook at the moment. So on Saturday when we saw the house, we wanted to put a deposit down so no one else could take it. No checkbook. So I had to call my mom to look up the nearest Bank of America that was still open on a Sat. afternoon since so many of them close at noon. There was only one in the area where we were so we drove to the next town and it was in a grocery store. I went inside to get my cashier's check and the line was HUGE. Full of people cashing their Friday paychecks, and if I may be so judgmental, the lower income, angry, I'm a victim of the system and life in general sort of people. A guy who had checked out in a grocery store line came up to the guy in front of me in the bank line and actually flashed a gang sign at him, after which they embraced without saying anything, and then the guy walked away. Okay I've never actually seen somebody do a gang sign to anyone before. Wow. Then at the teller window, the people on either side of me were having all sorts of problems having to do with how the bank was cheating them and were dropping F-bombs! Wow. I'm so glad I'll never have to go to that town and just the other direction from my new neighborhood is a super ritzy area. I'm so glad I didn't grow up in a house where it was acceptable to cuss out a bank teller or join a gang.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

7 comments:
HAHA! your 2nd paragraph of the post was HILARIOUS! i love you and your awesome sense of humour, madelyn! ;) (PS - i purposefully spell "humour" the European way...because I think everything European is cooler than American :P) hehe
ANYWAYS, CONGRATULATIONS ON FINDING A HOUSE!!! holy cow, that sounds like an AWESOME DEAL, i'm so happy for you guys!! i'm gonna see if i saved your new (read: non-college) phone number in my phone, so i can call you in person to congratulate! love you! miss you!
I'm so happy that you found a great place! Does this mean you are moving out of ward boundaries? Probably yes, right? Let me know what I can do to help!
:) L
I'm so glad you found a place you love. It sounds like it will be a great change for you guys. Good luck!
Good for you! And you have a yard, right? I will always be jealous of anyone with a yard.
I'm excited to keep up to date on your goings-on. You and Brian were such a wonderful couple in high school and you make a beautiful family.
Wow! Congratulations on the house! And the pregnancy! That's really exciting! I'm totally jealous. You should put up some pictures.
Congrats on your house! That sounds great - I'm so happy for you. I miss you guys terribly! I'm so glad you are doing well!
Ooooh!!! Now I get to be friends with a MO girl! Now that you're over the border, I fully expect you to get the whole southern/slighty hick accent, as opposed to our full-on hick we have in KS. :)
Post a Comment