Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ribbit

Today our packing effort has been renewed as the panic sets in that everything will be out of this house in 2 more days. Brian took apart the crib and I went downstairs to the basement to get the heavy plastic bag the crib mattress came in. (Because yes, I'm anal and I save things like that.) As I was shaking it out to make sure I wouldn't be bringing any spidery friends upstairs guess what flew out....a frog! Yes, an electric green, smooth frog about the size of a cell phone. I thought it was dead but it was only mostly dead. Despite my disgust towards all creeping things I managed to get it into a plastic Halloween cauldron and up to the outside to set it free on the driveway. As it was mostly dead and I'm sure quite frightened, it didn't even try to hop away. Elliott was completely amazed and completely laid down on the driveway right next to it.

Just when your pregnant body/attitude couldn't possibly lift a finger to pack another box, God sends a humorous little reminder of why it is indeed worth it to move, for the third summer in a row.

Happy 100th Post to me!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yich! It reminds me of when my cat used to bring frogs into the house and let them go so he could chase them--again and again.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.