From the archives...
Jan. 2007
a practice room at Rice
Jan. 2007
a practice room at Rice
the muddy Lake Park in KC, KS
Every month or so I put all the pictures in albums on Snapfish. Then every few months I have Snapfish print and send my favorite pictures and I put them into albums. No frills, people, I'm way too impatient for scrapbooking, but I do enjoy looking at physical pictures, in my hands, reliving happy days and comparing baby likenesses.
But now I need to take action and remove some pictures so we have room for new ones. What is the best digital picture saving solution? I already have all the best ones saved with Snapfish. Should I burn them onto cds so I can delete them from the computer? What do you do with your photos?
Also, I've been thinking about changing from putting pictures in albums to just having photo books printed. Do any of you do this? What is your favorite website for doing this? I don't want to do digital scrapbooking but I'd want to personalize it. How much does it cost? Do the pictures print in the book with as high a quality as single printed pictures?

5 comments:
We save our pictures on an external hard drive or burn them on Dvds. I love to do photobooks with our pictures because I'm not a big scrapbooker. I don't have the patience. I've done books with Snapfish, Shutterfly, and Blurb and have been satisfied with all 3. The pictures don't look the same as with prints, but are high quality. I sign up for each website's emails and usually wait until they have a sale on the books or I can get one printed for free (just pay shipping). My favorite site is Blurb because you can make your own layouts and they have pretty good prices even without sales. Good luck!
I was also going to mention putting them on an external hard drive - I have SO many pictures and so we finally had to get one and I am so glad. I love blurb.com, I have never printed a book from them yet, although I've seen one my friend did and it looked pretty good.
My step-mom has made a ton of those digital scrap-book things. It is super easy; you really do just click on your picture and put it into place and your done. And they do turn out really, really nice! I'm not sure what company she uses, so sorry, no help there. Have fun with it and good luck saving the photos.
I've just been working on some of the same things. We got an external hard drive because our computer is full too. I love making the picture books and it's relatively easy. I end up spending way too much time picking pics, etc. but we just had a photo night for enrichment and my friend just does tons of em and doesn't worry about repeats, etc. i think i'm going to start doing more so the pics of my kids are accessible once they get a little older and can page through them. i've done a book with snapfish and loved the end result. plus they ALWAYS have deals, 20% off etc. good luck!
Wow...things change so quick. Amazing pictures!
Post a Comment