Unless you are on a diet, get this on your meal plan this week. If you are on a diet, live a little and eat this anyway. =) This is one my most favorite lemony pasta dishes I've ever had. It's less than $7 worth of ingredients (if you get them at Aldi, the cheapest grocery store on the planet) and we are getting 2 meals out of it. So that's less than $4 for dinner my friends! I substituted spinach for the arugula, Aldi ain't fancy enough for arugula. Spinach did just fine, just chop it up. And I guess if we're being truthful, my pasta wasn't from Aldi either. My friend Janina taught me the straight and narrow path of Barilla pasta long ago and I have seldom deviated. =)
Saturday, May 15, 2010
you are eating this, this week
Unless you are on a diet, get this on your meal plan this week. If you are on a diet, live a little and eat this anyway. =) This is one my most favorite lemony pasta dishes I've ever had. It's less than $7 worth of ingredients (if you get them at Aldi, the cheapest grocery store on the planet) and we are getting 2 meals out of it. So that's less than $4 for dinner my friends! I substituted spinach for the arugula, Aldi ain't fancy enough for arugula. Spinach did just fine, just chop it up. And I guess if we're being truthful, my pasta wasn't from Aldi either. My friend Janina taught me the straight and narrow path of Barilla pasta long ago and I have seldom deviated. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

3 comments:
BAH!! I JUST READ THIS POST AND AAAAAAAAAAMEN! And guess what guess what guess what?! Here in Idaho, I went to the Fred Meyer the other day and got Barilla pasta on sale with an in-store coupon for....75 CENTS A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about died! But then I was sad there was a 10 box limit :(
Anyways I wish we had an Aldi's here! We have one in CT...I am SO trying your pasta dish! It's 9:30 am and it STILL sounds tempting!
I MUST CALL YOU BACK! So sorry. the In-laws are in town and I will call you when they leave tonight :) LOVE YOU! MMMMMMMMMUAH! (Go Barilla!)
I loves me the Ina Garten, and I trust you that this is delicious, so we will add this to our menu this week! Thanks for the wonderful suggestion. One meal down... :)
We made this today...well, it was more Lemon Cheese Tortellini with Spinach, but the girls who would eat such things (ie: Misses A & E) LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Thank you!!! Super Easy and simply lovely. :)
Post a Comment