Quick Question: What does one wear to the retirement party for my husband's colleague? It's on a weeknight, at dinnertime, at a donor's home. A favorite spring dress? A cute white linen skirt and nice blouse?
Also, does one bring a gift to a retirement party? A cutesy little retirement gift from the party store? A card? Nothing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

5 comments:
I like the spring dress idea. It seems a little more formal than a skirt and shirt but could still be casual.
If Brian knows him fairly well I'd bring a small gift otherwise just a card.
I would wear a dress with heels. I have a feeling it's more formal than linen (although that sounds cute!).
I know you guys don't drink, but can you bring wine? That's the ultimate host gift. If not, try some artisan chocolates or a small household item. I think there was just something on the internet about it. I don't think a card is necessary. Save it as a thank you note for after.
Have fun!
Where's the event being held? Is there a program? How many people do you think will be there? I think points like that dictate the outfit. Definitely take a card. Miss you!
Hmmmm....my motto is always "Better to be over-dressed than under-dressed!" I think a spring dress would be a perfect idea, especially since it's FINALLY spring! :)
Also, I'd definitely bring a retirement gift. I'm totally in agreement with jeniferkarianne's idea of artisan chocolates or a small household item (TJ Maxx is excellent for that sort of thing!)
And lastly, I SO NEED TO CALL YOU BACK! I'M SO SORRY! We've been so bogged with the move, and this past week we all had food poisoning (awesome!) Anyways, i miss you tremendously and hope to talk with you if not tonight, then tomorrow! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, YOU CUTE, MUSICAL MOM, YOU! :D
A dress and something food-like since you can't bring wine.
Post a Comment