Saturday, May 15, 2010

temporary insanity


About 5 days ago the light bulb in Lily's ceiling fan/light fixture went out. I have yet to change it. Ridiculous, I admit, as there is no other light in her room besides through the window. But it doesn't matter much as she's only in her room for sleeping and diaper changes, and who wants to see those poopy diapers better?

Two nights ago I was trying to adjust the ceiling fan to a faster speed, since it's sweltering here. I kept pulling the cord but I couldn't hear a difference in the motor. I couldn't figure out if the blades, which were clearly on low speed, were accelerating. I pulled the cord about 10 times. "I'm losing it!" I thought. "Sorry Lily, you'll just have to be hot tonight." The next night, same thing. The fan would not go any faster. I even patiently waited after each tug of the cord. "I guess the motor isn't working right," I said to myself as I shut her door for the night.

Tonight a lightbulb came on. No, not the actual lightbulb, I still haven't changed that. But tonight as I looked up at the fan in frustration I realized, I'd been pulling the cord for the light, not the fan the past couple days! Duh! Of course the fan speed isn't going to change when you pull the light cord and the light bulb is burned out. Oh my temporary insanity.

So how many days does it take a mom to change a light bulb?

No comments:

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.