Monday, July 12, 2010

He's Four!



Every year since Elliott was born he's had to have his birthday 'on the road.' This is usually because we are moving and thereby driving across the country. This year we aren't moving but we were in the process of driving to our home away from home in Texas. On June 29, the actual birthday, we were hanging out in New Orleans for the day. We let Elliott open some of his presents in the hotel that day and because he's still too innocent to know he could have demanded to open all this presents that day, we made him wait a few more days. We celebrated with Brian's side of the family at Chuck E Cheese.

Check out the most amazing facial expressions of pure glee I've ever seen as that magical moment of realization of "I wait all year and ask mom when it will be my birthday and it's NOW" happens on my sweet Elliott's face. If you keep watching, you'll see him banish his little cousin's wish to blow out his candle. hehehe

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

FOUR??!!! Oh, I'm dying. I remember when he was teensy and came over for the first time, barely talking, and running around in those fab crocs. Now he is such the adorable, cute little man. And look at you in your bday shirt. So thoughtful. :) Yay Elliott!! I'm reeling, still though. 4??!?!

jeniferkarianne said...

Oh my GOODNESS. That was too funny! What a cutie!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.