Oh my poor little blog. So neglected.
Before bed the other night, I decided I had 6 favorite movies. They are (in no particular order):
1. The Help
2. Lady in the Water
3. Juno
4. Bernie
5. The Hunger Games
6. Inception
I'm no movie snob, I don't claim to have sophisticated taste but I love all these movies. Do they have anything in common? Lady in the Water and The Help both have Bryce Dallas Howard and tell a great story. Juno and Bernie each were made with only about $6 million dollars each and are HILARIOUS. Hunger Games and Inception both are supsenseful, psychological thriller types. Ooooo I just remembered I love The Adjustment Bureau for that reason as well. Oh and my FAVORITE foreign film is Les Choristes (The Chorus)! It's a feel good movie about a choir teacher who changes the lives of a group of troubled, young, boarding school boys. Oh well. I think 6 favorite movies are enough. Have your favorites changed over the years? I distinctly remember loving Dead Poets Society, You've Got Mail, and Mona Lisa Smiles about 12 years ago.
What about you? What are your favorites? Do you like any of my favorites? PS Go get Bernie at Redbox right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.







2 comments:
I heard an interview the other day with Jack Black about Bernie, but somehow I didn't realize it was a comedy. I mean, with Jack Black, that would be the logical assumption, but the storyline sounded so serious. I loved Jack Black in The Holiday, which was not really the traditional funny-guy role for him. I'll have to check out Bernie.
Love "The Help". Good read too. Haven't seen "Lady in the Water" or "Juno"...or "Bernie", but we will probably rent that one while Kev is recovering. Hunger Games is amahzing. Couldn't put the books down. Inception was brilliant and mind warping. Lately, ones that I have seen and liked (and on redbox)are: Man on a Ledge, John Carter, One for the Money, Joyful Noise, Columbus Circle, Tower Heist, and Jack and Jill.
Post a Comment