Saturday, September 15, 2012

Elliott's Firsts


Elliott read his first 63 page book with almost no assistance!
 

 Funny camera angle, but Elliott lost his first tooth!  Elliott and Lily were playing "doggy and owner."  Elliott was the "doggy" biting on a blanket.  Lily as the "owner" yanked the blanket and out flew a tooth we didn't even know was loose!  Elliott was quite surprised and upset at first, until I told him the tooth fairy would be coming that night!  Then he was quite enamoured with himself, at his ability to lose a tooth! 
 The tooth slept in the tooth pillow that Grandma made and luckily, the tooth fairy remembered and generously left $1!


Not pictured:  Elliott received his first wasp sting the same day he lost his first tooth.  For the first half of that day he'd been saying, "I can't believe I lost my first tooth!  I've lost a tooth for the first time!"  Then later a wasp stung him in between his fingers at Red Butte Garden. He dropped to his knees like a Shakespearean actor and proclaimed for the world, "I've been stung!  I've been stung for the very first time!" 




This was near the end of Elliott's first 3 mile hike and cave tour.  I took the picture to show his red ear, because he'd just gotten his second wasp sting!  Poor kid!  I think the only wasp on the entire mountain found him.  Now the kid is really afraid of bees, wasps, and flies, and worries about being stung every time he sees any flying insect.  


First time going in a temple, for the Brigham City Temple open house.
 


First (and only) snocone of the summer!  I didn't know you could get a snocone for only a dollar or we would have been frequent customers!

 First visit to Ogden Treehouse Museum.  He loved the castle and knight play area. 

 
First day of FIRST GRADE!!!

 
We couldn't be happier with his teacher and new school!
 
And last but not least,
Elliott's first time feeding an emu! 
 
Life is full of firsts when you're six!
 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Jared and I loved this post. Your kids have the funniest stories. I love the drama in the wasp story. :)

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.