So today was the 3rd Sunday we've been to our new ward, the Chapel Hill Ward. Cute name huh? The church building is smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood. I mean really, in the middle of a neighborhood, you'd never know it was there because there are no main roads connected to it. Luckily, it only takes us a few minutes to get there because many people in our ward drive 30-40 minutes to get there! It is absolutely the friendliest ward I've ever been to. Our first Sunday, at least 10 different people/families personally introduced themselves to us. Even more impressive, not just the younger couples, but members of all ages were interested in meeting us. Our second Sunday in the ward, the RS President told us that the stake president has been asking them to pray for unity within our ward for years now. What a blessing it is to be in a ward so unified. Brian and I got asked to speak in church in a couple of weeks. I'm excited because in three years of marriage and 3 different wards, we've never been asked to speak. Can you believe that?
I've also really enjoyed going to playgroup, bookgroup, and walking group now with some super nice ladies. I'm about the only one with only 1 kid though so I get to hear about funny things their kids do (like sing "Follow the PawPrints" --think blue's clues, instead of "Follow the Prophet") and I've heard some tales of the woes of potty training.
Whenever I'm about to move across the country, I'm always so excited. I love the idea of a fresh start, new (to me) home, and looking forward to all the people I will meet who will change my life. However, I always underestimate how hard it is, emotionally, to start over. To try to find a place to plug into peoples' busy lives and to have the guts to invite them into yours. I've always loved making new friends but since I became an adult, it's gotten harder for me. Wonder why.
Elliott's doing great! Brian and I just think he's the cutest thing. He loves dancing. We have a stereo on the floor that he'll walk over to, turn it on, and just start jamming. Yesterday, by pressing the buttons, he turned the radio to a frequency that had no station. It just made this pulsing sound. Elliott thought it had a great beat and he entertained himself by dancing for several minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

1 comment:
I'm glad you are in a great ward! It makes a big difference.
Post a Comment