Wednesday, May 21, 2008

i read something

I'm not a big reader, of fiction books that is. I just can never find something that interests me enough where it seems worth it to read more than to nap or do something else. Well I was at the library last week and right there on the shelf were two copies of The Host, Stephenie Meyer's new book. Obviously I live in a neighborhood where the library is more commonly used for its free internet and free Blockbuster-like movie selection than for its books. The fact that the book was just sitting there on the shelf, I just had to pick it up. I was curious. I've never read a Meyer book before and I know how popular they are. So I read it! I loved it! It was so awesome. I seriously think it's the longest book I've ever read, and in the shortest amount of time. It was fun. I really appreciated having something I wanted to do besides surf the internet or watch t.v. It was a nice change.

4 comments:

Emma said...

I can't believe it was just sitting there at the library! I've been on a waiting list since february. And it took almost 2 weeks for the first 28 people to get their copies! I may have to wait another month or two before I get to read it. I'm glad you liked it.

Miss L said...

I really liked it, too. I bought a copy and read it at the beach in Florida, so I'll always think fondly of it. But I liked how it ended and thought it was a fair resolution, so I was really pleased with it. :) Glad you liked it (and I'm amazed it was on the book shelf, too! But happy for you. :) )

Anonymous said...

AHHH! Madelyn, I'm so excited you read "The Host." I am obsessed with all books by Stephenie Meyer. I of course bought it the day it came out and have been through it twice. I love it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it too.

Anonymous said...

I loved it too! You've read Twilight too, right?

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.