Last week was the busiest, most fun filled week we've had around here in a long time. We had all of Brian's family (6 people) here and on Tuesday we also 6 people from my family here that were on their way home from a Nauvoo trip. All those Texans lucked out with some pretty nice weather here. The best part for me, besides seeing all those loved ones, was the break I got! Elliott was kept so entertained by his cousin and Grandparents that I just sat on the sidelines and enjoyed. What a lucky boy (and a lucky momma)!
Some highlights:
Exploring the caves and going down the seven story slide at the City Museum. If you are ever in St. Louis, GO to the City Museum. It's worth the $12 admission. It's like an adult playground made out of recycled scrap metal and junk. I've never seen anything like it. It's in an old shoe factory so the 7 story slide used to be a shoe chute. I left Elliott and Lily home with my mom and Everyone who went had a great time being kids again.
The Zoo. The St. Louis Zoo is amazing but Grandpa wins the prize for creating a memory.
The reason why they came, besides just to visit, was to come hear Brian play a famous piece by Strauss called "Ein Heldenleben" (A Hero's Life) with the Symphony. It's a really amazing piece with 8 French horns (representing the hero, Strauss himself). It was really fun, as it always is, to hear/watch my husband living his dream with such an incredible orchestra. He's such a rock star.
We also visited the Arch, the Magic House, shopped at the Galleria and Trader Joes, ate World's Fair Donuts, Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, Blueberry Hill in the Loop, and Zia's on the Hill. Yep, I'd say we know how to have a good time. Thanks for coming to visit us family! We sure miss ya'll!

4 comments:
So much fun Madelyn!! Elliot looked great as a tiger.
We only just heard about the City Museum and sounds like a blast!
Grandparents are always full of great ideas! These memories seem to be some of the best memories. And I bet when Elliot and Lily are older and they hear these stories, they're going to ponder painting their kids faces to go to the zoo! What a great idea!
K, I'm getting so excited to SEE all of you and to steal Lily!
Maybe your family should come visit me...I need a break too...it sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment