Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cheers and Jeers

When I was little I would always read the little Cheers and Jeers section in the newspaper. (I.E. Cheers to so and so for performing that act of service. Jeers to the neighbor who never picks up after their dog, etc.)

My day had so many cheer and jeer moments before 1pm today it felt like a roller coaster.

Cheers for Lily sleeping through the night, except for a consistent re-swaddle/pacifier around 4:45AM.

Cheers for Brian, taking Elliott to the grocery store this morning in order to make bacon and cinnamon dumplings while I lay in bed.

Jeers when someone didn't do the dishes he promised to do before work this morning.

Cheers for a morning errand out to my favorite children's resale shop where I found one of those infant activity gyms (where they lie on the colorful blanket and bat at the toys dangling over them) for $14!

Jeers to me for thinking I could gracefully get my infant carrier, toddler, and said activity gym out of store and across the parking lot to the car with my 2 hands. Jeers to Lily for screaming in her carrier, therefore drawing extra attention to my predicament. Cheers to Elliott for willingly walking to the car when he wanted to run back to the store to play with all the toys.

Cheers to me for being resourceful and using the monkey backpack (Elliott's leash) to prop a bottle in Lily's mouth during our next stop: Walmart. Or is that Jeers, because it looks like white trash to have to prop a bottle in your kid's mouth at Walmart? Hmmmm

Cheers for a beautiful, sunny Spring day to enjoy at the Missouri Botanical Gardens where the whole gang had gathered for a picnic lunch to wish one of us a fond farewell. JEERS to the rude security guard who told us after we'd been there for half an hour, "You guys need to leave right now because picnics are NOT ALLOWED here at the Gardens." Then on his walkie talkie to his superior, "Yeah, I'm with the 'stroller people' here, tellin' 'em to leave....Yeah, I'll make sure they clean up after themselves...Do you guys have a leader of your group because you need to know there are NO PICNICS." Good grief! We heard you the first time! Take me to your leader...your picnic leader.... (in alien voice) Heaven forbid we sit on the grass to eat lunchables. Clean up after ourselves? Does this group of moms look like we came to trash the place? arrrrggghhhhh And no picnics? I don't understand what the problem is.

Jeers when Elliott somehow flew out of the sit and stand stroller and nearly cracked his head open on the pavement. I think he stuck his foot in the wheel and it spun him out.

Jeers when I got home and saw my breakfast making sweetie had left the oven on at 400 degrees for the past 4 hours.

CHEERS when I went to look for Elliott upstairs and found him crouched on the toilet seat (like feet on the toilet seat, squatting like squatty potty style LOL) and he had gone #2! In the toilet! All on his own! Then he put on Buzz Lightyear underpants and succesfully made it to the potty 2 more times until it was time for a diaper for nap time! Hallelujah, our size 6 diaper purchases may be over soon.

....And all before 1pm.

4 comments:

Kev and Chels said...

WOW! That is a full morning! Did you guys head home after Elliot fell? I got there late, around 1, and didn't see you guys...I ran into Holly and Angela and Andi though.

happyfamily said...

I often feel that way-- I can't BELIEVE how much happens between 6:30 and nap time.

Krista said...

Wow that is a lot; I liked hearing the cheers and jeers of your day. Can't wait to see you next weekend!

Laura said...

I almost went #2 in my buzz lightyear panties because this was so stinkin' funny!!! I can SO relate!!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.