
Last week, our oldest mutual friend came to visit us. Her name is Juliann, or "Jooo-leeeee-annnnn" as Elliott called her, making a point to clearly unnunciate all three syllables. We met her in the same French horn class at Interlochen where Brian and I met. We're talking about nearly 8 years of friendship! Our kids are fans too!
We had fun taking her to our favorite places to eat and see in St. Louis. We did a couple new activities including visiting the top of the arch!

In this picture I'm looking out the window at the top at the shadow the arch is making on the river. We also checked to make sure our car hadn't been towed since we parked in a tow away zone...details, details. Did you know the arch is the tallest monument in the US? It's twice as tall as the statue of Liberty. The longer I stood up there, the more scared I got.

Peering out the little windows in the observation deck.

We also went to a Cardinals' game for the first time! Check out the cool view of downtown. It was fun despite the cold and rain. Juliann loves baseball so it was fun to go with her. Elliott was disappointed when he found out
he wouldn't be playing baseball but got really into yelling "Charge" at the appropriate times.


Thanks for coming Ju-li-ann! You're too much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment