Sunday, April 19, 2009

5 years ago

Five years ago today we became engaged to be married. We had been dating for exactly 2.5 years. To the day. I already had my white dress. We already had a date. We didn't think Brian was going to be able to fly out to Provo from Chicago to actually do the asking and we weren't scheduled to see each other again until I got back from my Euro tour with the chamber orchestra--nearly June! And we were getting married in August! But things worked out, as they have a tendency of doing for important things like this. His concert at school got changed or something like that, and the weekend was free! He planned a very elaborate and fun date and at the end, he popped the question on the bridge that connects the Wilk with the Law Library (if you're familiar the byu campus).

17 and in love!


Before the engagement date


my favorite wedding pic

9 comments:

happyfamily said...

congratulations! you guys are so great.

Emma said...

cute pictures! Isn't amazing what can happen in 5 short years?!

Adrienne said...

And you guys were made for no on else. Seriously. PERFECT. Hey, has anyone told Brian he looks like Sean Astin in that top pic? He does!!

Monica said...

Yay! I love that wedding photo! You guys are awesome. I miss you. Congrats!

Krista said...

Congrats! I really wished I could have talked with you longer and more when you were here! I, for some reason don't have you e-mail address anymore, but I'm going to call you.

Laura said...

SO CUTE! You guys truly were made for each other. :) And you have such cute babies too. Yay for babies!

Janina Herbert said...

awww, happiness! :)

I love you guys! I remember that weekend that he proposed - I remember where you guys bought the ring and everything! I miss all the fun we had at BYU! But I'm glad we still see each other every so often ;)

Love you and miss you!!

Carolyn said...

You guys are awesome. It still amazes (and thrills) me that it worked out for you, that you met at Interlochen and ended up sealed together.

Harmony said...

Amazing how fast time goes by, huh? I remember you and I on tour talking about our weddings and our separations from fiances! I was glad to have someone to commiserate with, since Provo was the most awful place to be when you were separated. My 5th wedding anniversary is coming up on June 5.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.