Someone close to me teaches at a school that is 90% minority students and 90% impoverished. Their names however, leave nothing wanting. Some of my favorites (middle and last names have been omitted to protect the creative parents):
Gender? Your best guess...
Maukel
Latrinel
Charjee
Tiponi
Infant (the mom failed to put a name on the birth certificate even though the kid's about 6 now)
Jada'
Quintavia
Tlisha
Cinmeco and Cinnamon (siblings)
Tradorrius
Ja'tairious
Duntayvis
Donterious and Dontiria
Pastor
Ja'kerius
Uris
Jatavious
Shea'bre
Latrinity
Kiahmonique
Zyona and Zaria
Mi'Kavious
Ja'Darrian
Pharoah
Quinnterius
Dakerric, Kaderria, and Kaderric, siblings
Ja'vonte
Cydaria and Cydarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

5 comments:
Maukel- Male
Latrinel- ?
Charjee- ? Male
Tiponi- ? Female
Infant (the mom failed to put a name on the birth certificate even though the kid's about 6 now)- Male
Jada'- Female
Quintavia- Female
Tlisha- Female
Cinmeco and Cinnamon (siblings)- Male/Female
Tradorrius- Male
Ja'tairious- Male
Duntayvis- Male
Donterious and Dontiria- M/F
Pastor- Male
Ja'kerius- Male
Uris- ? Female
Jatavious- Male
Shea'bre- F
Latrinity- F
Kiahmonique- F
Zyona and Zaria- F/F
Mi'Kavious- M
Ja'Darrian- M
Pharoah- M
Quinnterius- M
Dakerric, Kaderria, and Kaderric, siblings- M/F/M
Ja'vonte- M
Cydaria and Cydarian- F/M
WHO ARE these parents? They should be shot.
Wow, those names are just crazy. I've heard of a few of them. I wonder if the names came from family or the parents just tried to make them "unique".
wow, this is for real?? Have of them sound like dinosaur names! ha ha! Your poor friend who would have to learn those names.
Glad you are enjoying your new home!
I'm not even sure how to pronounce most of those. There was a "Baby Boy" at one of the schools I worked in (same reason as Infant), he went by something else, but had to have Baby Boy on all his record stuff. He was so embarrassed when he had to tell the lunch lady (in line) what his given name was, so she could find him in the computer!
I worked in my mom's clinic when I was in HS filing. I came across a name, I choose not to type (the pronunciation is not the bad part, it's the spelling). I went to my mom thinking someone made a horrible or extremely rude mistake...but that was his name:
http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp
Look at the "S" names near the bottom...it's pronounced Shaw-THYAD! Some people are so cruel!
Gotta tell ya, that takes me back to my days teaching in St Louis City! My favorite sibling names were Unique, Shanique, and Manique. But they were most definitely not the strangest!
Post a Comment