Thursday, September 9, 2010

savoring miracles

I wish I blogged more. I'm busy, okay? In my current church calling I have the opportunity to help plan activities for women to be involved in, whether it's recipe group (my fave!), playgroup, or large scale activities. Our most recent one was about how to make your family nights more awesome. I also have the opportunity to get to know more intimately some of the struggles, challenges, breakthroughs, and joys of the wonderful women around me. I am really grateful I do not have very difficult challenges in my life at this time. But selfishly, it is really satisfying to watch my friends, who are going through tough times, have miracles and blessings and reassurances so obvious that the Lord is aware of their intimate challenges and is there blessing them as they put their faith in Him.

This week's miracle? My friend and her family added two new children to their home after a bitter custody battle. These children came to her home with nothing but the clothes on their backs and shoes on their feet. Buried in court costs, the family has limited means to clothe these children. Last night an email went out to the women at church to ask if they could look through their children's closets to see if they might be able to donate. Not 24 hours later, 4+ large bags of clothes have been delivered to the family with more on the way. My church calling can mean a lot of hours spent organizing, planning, brainstorming, but I really am savoring this moment of watching the windows of heaven open and pour out a blessing on this deserving family.

1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

What a great story! That's how the church is designed to work!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.