Monday, October 4, 2010

madelyn carves a baby carriage

Flashback to August part 2: Soon after we returned from Texas I threw my friend Jenn a baby shower. I had never done that before and it was so fun to plan the games. I did a 'Baby, the Price is Right' Game, a name the celebrity's face that is glued on the baby's body game, and a Baby Outburst game.

I also had a desire to carve a baby carriage out of a watermelon. I had seen a picture of one online while searching for shower game ideas and thought it looked like a fun challenge. I neglected to take a picture of it all assembled, before we ate it, but it turned out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. It was really fun to make and only took about half an hour. Scooping out the watermelon took the bulk of the time.


This house we rent actually came equipped with a book (circa 1980) on fruit and vegetable garnishes complete with a tool set, hence, my perfect zigzags. hehe=)

No comments:

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.