Monday, October 4, 2010

Brian's bike-cation



Days after we returned from our long Texan summer, Brian had his wisdom teeth removed. Ouch. He still had about a month before work started up again so he had plenty of time to recover. You have to plan those sorts of things when your mouth is a vital part of your career. He didn't believe me when I told him that it would be 2 weeks until he could start playing again. But it was. Luckily the pain like a stabbing knife that was still happening right up until his first concert finally did subside. There's just an awful lot of pressure when you blow all that air through your mouth, like your stitches might pop. But I digress....

About a week and a half after the surgery, when he still couldn't practice, I sent him on a little bike-cation. He had a great 4 days in the Shenandoah Valley with his Uncle Paul and Aunt Amy. P&A are traveling the country in their RV, biking, wherever they see places to bike. Brian wanted in on that action and I stayed home with kids and told him to go have fun! (Okay so I had fun at the mall....shhhhh) During the trip he logged the most miles he's ever spent on a bike in one day: 83!!!!! That's just crazy!

Little known fact about my husband, if he couldn't be a musician, his career would be somehow related to bicycling.

No comments:

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.