Monday, October 4, 2010

the shoes that weren't

These are the shoes I bought and then returned. It was sad. I really liked them, they were a super great price, and they had a cool feature where you could take that rubber part completely off and have cute, suede flats. It was like 2 looks in one. Why did I return them? The right shoe just wasn't quite big enough. Why is that? Because my right foot is just ever so slightly longer than my left. Why is that? Because that is just one of the long lasting tolls carrying a couple of large babies can have on your body. As each of my pregnancies went along, my feet got bigger in order to I dunno, help me walk with all the extra weight. After the babies were born my feet went back to their original size, but after Lily...my right foot decided to not quite go back to the same size as my left. A little bit frustrating? yes! A little bit embarrassing? maybe. Can anyone else relate? Anyone?! (and yes I tried on the next half size up and they were too big! kept slipping off my heels! arrrgghhh)

1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

Not with the feet. What I lost was my CURLY HAIR. Even sadder, especially since it's on my HEAD and can't be hidden. Sigh. Stupid babies. It's a good thing they're so stinking cute!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.