Warning: if you get offended easily, please don't read this post. It is meant to be humorous.
Rising fuel prices affect everyone, including airlines. In an effort to recoup some of the extra money on fuel, United Airlines is about to start charging ticket holders (at least those of us not in the super-elite-fly-united-all-the-time club) a $25 fee to check a 2nd bag. As I was discussing this with my husband we thought it more fair to charge people who are carrying extra weight on their person a fee. We would call it the Fat Butt Surcharge.
Case Study:
I mean what if a 130 lb. woman wanted to check two bags but was sitting next to a 230 lb. woman who was only checking one. The smaller woman would be paying an extra $25 when the larger woman was weighing down the plane 50 more pounds than the smaller woman would be, even with her 2 checked bags. Hence, the need for a Fat Butt Surcharge.
Then we got to thinking, we should just have a Pay What You Weigh for your airline tickets system put in place. If your child weighs 30 pounds, you should only have to pay $30 for his ticket. If you weigh 300 lbs., you should have to pay $300. You could still buy tickets online, paying your estimated weight, and then as you went through the metal detectors, you would step on a scale and you could either get money back or be charged more money. Think of it as a motivational tool rewarding healthy weights. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

4 comments:
That would be funny! I wouldn't mid paying my weight to get to NY, but I can get to CA for less than my weight. Maybe that would motivate me to be healthy, or maybe I'd just drive to CA because it's cheaper to fuel up the car anyway - at least if the whole family was going.
I like the idea of paying by weight. Maybe that would motivate me to lose some weight.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT! I'm tempted to email this blog post to my mom and sister; I know they would TOTALLY agree!
Ha ha!! That is so funny! I wonder if people would really get motivated or just stop flying... Hmmm... I would definitely work on losing that extra baby weight that just clings to my butt. Fat butt indeed. :) I hope it goes away when I stop nursing. Ha!
Post a Comment