Thursday, September 11, 2008

the customer's always right

I was at Walmart yesterday returning a curtain rod I never got the chance to put up and a woman came up to return something at the register next to me. She was returning a gallon of milk. A gallon of milk that only had a half inch of milk left in it. "It's spoiled. It's spoiled way before it's expiration date. See, the date is two days from now. And I don't have a receipt." The Walmart cashier replied, "Okay, all I can offer you is an even exchange. Go get another gallon and bring it back here and I'll bag it for you."

As the woman triumphantly left and headed for the dairy section another worker whispered in the cashier's ear, "She does that all the time!"

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is too funny. Did they taste the milk to see if it was, indeed, spoiled? Well, I guess riding around in her car all day could easily mimic that. Hmmm. That's funny and a little sad.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... Sounds like something that would happen here in good ol' Palmdale! The other day a brand-new Target opened up down the street from our house. We went there and admired the organized and well-stocked facility. Then we noticed a bunch of women in one of the aisles, loudly opening/unwrapping bathroom scales and using them to compare weight -- right there in the middle of the aisle! My mom sighed, commented on how hot is was outside (it gets over 100* during the day) and coined a phrase that has gone down in Widdison family history: "I used to think we lived in hell. Now I realize we live in hell's ghetto." LOL I love trips to the supermarket...

happyfamily said...

Ah Walmart, they're so giving.

Emma said...

I can't believe it, that is a great story. Wait it's Wal-Mart, I can believe it.

Brekke said...

Ugh! I used to hate dealing with customers like that. The truth is that customer isn't always right. Sometimes they are scamming you and are very wrong.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.