Friday, September 26, 2008

goodbye kc hello st louis

Oh the exciting life we live... My 2 year old little boy has lived in Chicago, Houston, a brief stint in Louisville, Kansas City, KS, Kansas City, MO, and starting Monday, across the state to Saint Louis, MO. Through many small miracles, we are moving to St. Louis as Brian will be playing with the orchestra there for the next year. This orchestra is so fancy-pants, he needs patent leather shoes! hehehe

There is so much to blog about: everything that worked out in order for this move to happen, my 5 day Mom-cation to Los Angeles!, the Office premiere last night, how sick and tired I am of moving, how a 6 month prego shouldn't have to pack up the house and then clean the house for a white glove inspection to get our deposit back, how we haven't lived anywhere for longer than a few weeks since June, about how a bright spot of moving with a toddler is that all my moving boxes are colored on, but for now I think I'll just write about our last KC hurrah!

After watching my recorded Oprah where Gwyneth Paltrow talked for half an hour about how she's so skinny and that she doesn't eat 4 legged animals, we decided the only thing to do was to go out for famous Kansas City barbecue! We went to Oklahoma Joe's and loved it! One of the area locations is in a gas station! How cool is that? But the one we went to was a real restaurant with amazing ribs and pulled pork. Go ahead and spend the extra buck to make your pulled pork sandwich "carolina style" with spicy coleslaw on it. So good! The potato salad wasn't as good as my Grandma's, but no one's ever is. And the fries are famously delicious. That's pretty much all Elliott ate. And he ate them all with his sunglasses still on. It reminded Brian of a Christmas Story movie scene where the boy has gone blind from soap poisoning.

It's been great, Kansas City, maybe we'll be back next summer.

3 comments:

JB said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited - and jealous!

Janina Herbert said...

Yeah, it really should be illegal to make a 6 month pregnant woman clean an ENTIRE HOUSE for White Glove Inspection - and in a week, no less! (sheesh!)

Anyways, I know you can do it and I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOUR MOVE TO ST. LOUIS!! It is gonna be SO EXCITING and ADVENTUROUS!

And can I just say how much I love reading your posts - they're always so awesome! You are one special friend, Madelyn, and I love you!

Carolyn said...

And I hope that Brian's job in St. Louis is an amazing experience! Good luck getting all your stuff in order ... again.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.