Thursday, September 4, 2008

a PINK baby!

A couple days after our return to KC we found out we are having a GIRL!!! I am so excited! Hasn't every mother wanted a girl to fulfill all her childhood doll obsessions (and for other more sane reasons)? I get to dress her in as much pink and purple as I want, at least for the first year. Then she'll probably fight me on it after that. =) Brian was completely in shock. He didn't really know it was possible to have a girl. Makes sense with the vast number of male offspring in his family. Because of that, I consider myself very lucky to have one of the very few B* girls! When we ask Elliott what's in my tummy he says, "A baby grill." hehehe

Also, her entry to the world is already scheduled for December 23! It will be sad to be in the hospital on Christmas but I know by that point I'll just want her out.

PS Most of you probably don't watch The Bachelor but a few seasons ago one of the girls competing was an ultrasound technician from Chicago named Gina. I SWEAR she did Elliott's ultrasound! She wasn't very good at it either. She spent like over an hour wallowing in the goop on my belly and then someone else had to come in and finish up. I was thankful that this ultrasound technician had 31 years of experience. It also makes me more confident that when she says she's sure it's a girl, she's sure.

And yes I've already bought a few pink items! So fun!

10 comments:

Emma said...

Congrats on expecting a girl. You'll love it! Maybe she'll come early and you'll get to spend the holidays at home.

Megan said...

Yay for girls!

Jenny said...

Congratulation! Now you'll have one of both. I think I'm gonna have all boys...

Courtney said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting. I have a friend who is having a girl due on the 25th so maybe it's a month for girls!

Carolyn said...

Oh goody! I think shopping for little girl baby clothing is so much more rewarding than shopping for boys. Congratulations!

And, having a Christmas baby isn't all that bad. The hospital we went to dressed Soren up in a little stocking that some women in the community had made. We got to take it home, although he never wore it again.

susannah said...

Congratulations on the baby news! Girls are all sorts of fun so you have a lot to look forward to. The shock'll wear off for Brian eventually, maybe after baby girl is born, but eventually.

Miss L said...

Congrats about E's new little sister who'll be coming to your home!!!! :) As you know, I have a fondess for little daughters/sisters, as that seems the only recipe I know how to make! :) I'm so happy for you!!!!

Jenny Bay said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting. :)

Kerolann said...

yay for pink! Congratulations!

Brekke said...

Hooray for pink! The good news is it'll be at least 2 years before she starts to fight you over her clothes. Enjoy!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.