Every once in a while I do something in my day to day mothering duties that I just have to pat myself on the back and say, That was Genius! (Cause really, who else is going to recognize it?)
This past week my little boy caught a little bug that gave him sick diapers. Ewww. This would happen off and on over about 5 days. My poor dairy and processed meats lover doesn't take very kindly to the BRAT (bananas, rice, apples, toast) diet. He wouldn't eat rice or apples, only a few bananas, and NO toast! So.... I bought some natural applesauce and after several failed attempts, made it so appealing he couldn't refuse it! What did I do you ask? Put sprinkles on it! All hail the power of birthday sprinkles. What's a nominal amount of sugar when it gets him to eat something that won't hurt his tummy?! He also ate almost a whole box of cinnamon waffles. Hey, they're practically toast right?
He was getting dehydrated so another thing I made him that he finished off was a "special drink" aka a dairy free strawberry banana smoothie. Just 5 frozen strawberries, 1 banana cut into chunks, 1/2 cup of ice, and a 1/2 cup of apple juice (maybe next time gatorade would be better?). A hit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

3 comments:
I feel so lucky that I witnessed your brilliance on Tuesday! Supermom!
Oh, that is a kind of genius, I never would have thought of it!!
You are a genius! When Soren gets a little older, I will have to invest in sprinkles too!
Post a Comment