Wednesday, August 12, 2009

anniversary x 5


Our wedding day was August 12, 2004. It was as late in the summer as it could be to still allow time to honeymoon and get settled in Chicago before school started again. It was a Thursday because we didn't want to get married on Friday the 13th. It was as cool as you could hope for, for August in Dallas-89 degrees. When Brian and his dad went to pick up the flowers that morning the florist said, "What wedding?" But they were done in time.



5 years, 2 kids, and 6 moves later we've had some challenging days but mostly wonderful times. I'm so lucky to be married to the best man I know for forever.

5 comments:

KevandChels said...

happy anniversary from the gertschs. when do you guys get to cary?

Janina Herbert said...

AWWWW, CONGRATULATIONS!! 5 YEARS, THAT'S AMAZING! (and YOU'RE amazing ;) and BRIAN's amazing! and Elliot and Lilly are amazing!!)

ok, enough corniness :P I love you and miss you! Guess what? I bought "Mona Lisa Smile" the other day at Target and I thought of you! I'll always think of you with that movie, not just because Julia Roberts' character reminds me of you in her "Women can do ANYTHING" mentality, but also because YOU introduced that movie to me freshman year for our bi-annual post-jury girls' night! I've wanted to own it ever since!

love you lots!

Jennifer Lee said...

Happy Anniversary!

Emma said...

Happy Anniversary!

Monica said...

Happy Anniversary!!! A little late, I know, but better late than never. We should chat sometime - it's been awhile. Love ya chica!

P.S. David and I just passed 7 years on Sunday. Crazy, huh?

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.