Many people will walk in and out of your life,
But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
-Eleanor Roosevelt
I remember my first semester of college after I got married and transferred. I was so lonely. It was a hard adjustment-transferring in the middle of college, retaking courses. I was the only weirdo who was married. I felt so different from my peers and where they were in their lives, I couldn't even open my mouth to try to make a friend. I remember praying one day that God would have someone say hi to me. My life has turned a 180 in the friends department since that friend famine. I've been very fortunate to have some incredible friends in my life. The great part about moving all the time is I get to make awesome new friends. The bad part of moving is being away from all the awesome friends I just made. I have been fortunate this summer to have a few friends-from-my-past sightings! What joy it is to meet again.
The Lord continues to bless me. At church here in northern Houston, a lady approached me and said, I saw you getting in your car to come to church today! I live on your street! I have 2 little boys, come out on the street and ride bikes with us in the morning. Heavenly Father knew I'd been a little lonely since leaving my Saint Louis friends and he even sent me a friend for my last 2 weeks of nomadic life. She's the sweetest gal and one of the most thoughtful moms I've ever seen in action. I can't wait to meet some new friends in Raleigh next week. It's always harder than I think it will be to settle in and connect with people but it will be great when it happens.

4 comments:
AHHH! You are the best. We can't wait to live by you again:) And we know what you mean about knowing it's gonna be great but not quite being there yet:) Luckily we have a good example of someone like you to follow who was so outgoing and outward reaching for your year in St. LOuis. YOu're awesome. Best of luck this next week. Write me a note and let me know your new address and info when you get a chance. I'm sure my sister-in-law Doreen would love to meet you:)She has a little boy Elliot's age.
Just know that you are such a great person to get to know. I am currently experiencing the same thing you are out here in Arizona. Its nice to know we will be here for awhile as it always takes me at least a year to get the hang of things. Isn't that sad? Good luck with everything. Loved the coke picture, I am glad you didn't have to clean it up either.
Your friends are lucky to have you in their lives as well, regardless of how brief a time it may be!
Cute pictures! Good luck with your move...it's so hard to leave all your friends. I'm scared I won't make any good friends, I know how you feel. I just read your comment on my blog, and I'm totally doing what you said - getting rid of everything and even using ABF! We must think alike.
Post a Comment