In preparation for the upcoming trek from our temporary home (Houston) to Raleigh, we were looking into different travel options. Basically, with the 2 young'ens and the car packed to the brim, it would be great if the kids and I could fly after Brian drove the car there. A one way ticket from Houston to Raleigh on Southwest is $149. Not bad, but a one way ticket from New Orleans to Raleigh is $60. That's cheap! Now what if you find out that plane from New Orleans lands in Houston, the people change planes, and then continue on to Raleigh all for $60. So we called Southwest and said, "So can we buy the $60 flight that starts in New Orleans, print out our boarding passes (it would print 2 boarding passes, one for each flight) the night before, and then just show up in Houston, ready to get on the plane to Raleigh." "Well technically you aren't supposed to but we don't enforce it. Yes, it will work." The girl on the phone even checked with more knowledgeable people in the call center. So we bought the tickets! The kids and I are flying to Raleigh! Hopefully! Do you think they'll let us on the plane in Houston? Has anyone else ever tried doing this specifically on Southwest?
Of course I just checked and the ticket price from Houston to Raleigh is down to $94. Should I buy those just to be safe and just "bank" whatever we don't use?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

5 comments:
Hmmm, I have thought of doing this very thing, but have never actually done it. Let me know how it goes!! I have been thinking about you guys and how you're doing. It feels like I haven't talked to you in for-e-ver. So how are you?! I can't believe it's almost Raleigh time already! You'll have to keep me posted.
I'm not sure how Southwest works, because they are so different from all the other airlines, but when I worked for Delta people would try to do this and it doesn't work. With Delta if you don't show up for your first flight on your itinerary it would automatically cancel all other flights (for that very reason- so people couldn't start their flights at their connection points). But, SW is SOOOO different from the norm, and you would think the girl or someone around her would know if SW did that. Good luck, hope yall's move goes well!
I would check to see how full the flight is. If you don't show up on the first leg and there are people flying stand by they may give away your seats. But otherwise I would guess you are safe.
I hope you're not buying these none refundable...but I hope it works! I wish I could figure out a way to get to Canada for such a great deal...
I love Southwest. Their tickets are so cheap. I'm sad there'll be no Southwest in Madison. Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment