Monday, February 8, 2010

potato salad

Yesterday evening I put a bowl of potato salad on my superbowl spread of a dining room table. Elliott ran over from the couch and peered into the bowl and then promptly threw up on my tablecloth.

"I looked in the bowl and got sick."

The tablecloth was removed, Elliott's shirt changed, and the po salad remained uncontaminated. No harm done, not even to my ego. I know my potato salad will never be as good as my grandma's but mine is still tasty and one day my boy will learn there isn't much that is tastier than a good potato salad.

2 comments:

happyfamily said...

That's a great story. My kids say things like "that almost made me spit up" all the time. I think it's annoying- but at least they don't really spit up.

I'd be honored to have your po salad on my table any day!

Jenny Bay said...

oh my, that is hilarious!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.