Saturday, February 27, 2010

wacky waffle night

The other night I made a big batch of waffle batter and then separated it into a few different bowls and tweaked it. The best: adding lemon zest and shredded gouda. Yes, Brian looked at me like I had lost my mind, until he tasted it and loved it! Almost as good was adding root beer extract, it smelled like an ice cream place making their own waffle cones in our house! Not so good was root beer and mint extract together. (what was I thinking?) That was a high risk tweaking that did not work out quite so well. Oh well, the kids still ate it! Also surprisingly good was lemon zest, vanilla extract, and a lot of cinnamon. yummy warm crisp waffles!

1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

Very creative! Lemon zest and gouda sounds right up Logan's alley!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.