(Those of you who've seen Juno can appreciate that line. Those of you who haven't, go rent it. It's hilarious! A food baby= a large stomach from eating a lot)
Yes, I'm sure it's not a food baby. I'm pregnant. 10 weeks. Due January 1st. Yes I'm tired, nauseous, and a wee bit cranky. Other than that I'm doing great and we're looking forward to Baby B. #2. Elliott and #2 will be 2 1/2 years apart.
I haven't really had any food aversions, except maybe to garlic and Asian food. No significant cravings except for fast food (but is that different from normal?)--someone take away my car keys please!
At my last checkup my doctor pressed on my belly and said, "That feels a little large for where you're at. Let's schedule an ultrasound." So for the next few days I got my hopes up I was having twins! I've always wanted twins! I even had a dream I was giving myself an ultrasound with a piece of cheese laid over my belly and I saw 4 black babies inside! Two of them even had long corn rows! In the dream I said, "Is my husband black? I can't remember!" Ohhhh the vivid dreams of pregnancy.
My ultrasound proved not as exciting as my dream, thank goodness. Just one baby, and that's okay. I don't need two babies to make this just as exciting as the first baby. Every baby is special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

13 comments:
Woohoo! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, even if you aren't pregnant with black twins. Only in your wildest dreams, right? This is so great!
lots of love,
Sarah
Super J and/or I sometimes have a Food Baby (in addition to New Baby for me, that's a lot of baby in there!), and his name is Reynaldo. I don't even remember how that came to be, now that I think of it...hmmmm. I'll have to rent Juno! I didn't know anyone else knew about Food Babies.
Regardless of the crazy babble above, I'm SO happy for you! :) Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!
YAY!! I know I said this to you on the phone but CONGRATULATIONS!! :) I hope that your naseau is getting better and better, and that it's ALL gone by the 2nd trimester (only a few weeks away! hurrah!)
anyways, that is so wonderful - I'm so happy for you three - you FOUR! Let's be pregnant buddies, ok?
Oh, and your dream about the quadruplets...HILARIOUS! (oh man, and I know what you mean about the fast food....atleast once a week, I crave the burger king bacon egg and cheese biscuit'wich. And chicken fingers and fries....oh man...i even dreamt about it last night! But then again, i've always had fast food cravings... :P) Let's try and stay strong together (or be weak and cave in together!) love and miss you!
Congratulations! Hope you start feeling better soon!
Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon. Elliot will be a great big brother!
PS you could have a new year's baby?! Was Elliot early or late?
Congratulations! That's so exciting! It will be so fun for you to have two kids! I'm sure you'll start feeling better soon.
Yay! Congratulations, that is so exciting! Your dream is hilarious. I also think that it would be SO fun to have twins someday. I hope you feel better and I hope everything goes well!
Oh hurray!! Now I can relinquish my vow of silence since you are blogging to the world! Happy baby! And you don't even look like you have a food baby yet, anyway.
Congrats! So I'm curious...did the ultrasound tell you the baby's ethnicity? :)
Ahhh!!! Yay!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!! (As if you can't tell by the numerous exclamation points) :) Whoo-hoooo!!!!!!!
Congratulations! E will make a great big brother to your little boy or girl. I am sad that you are not here, so that I can see you prego. You will have to post pictures!
Congrats!!! I definately don't miss those crazy pregnancy dreams!!
Post a Comment