Yesterday was my son's 2nd birthday! I can't believe it's been two years since he joined our family. So much has changed since then. Two weeks after he was born we moved to Houston. A year later, Brian won his job and we moved to Kansas City. And now we're expecting another bundle of trouble, I mean joy. Elliott doesn't really know about that yet. Anyway, I know I'm partial, but I thought I'd list some reasons why I'm just crazy about my little guy!
1. He is so cute.
(After being sprayed with the hose.)
3. He has the most amazing energy and zest for life. It's beyond me. The other day we went to the beach and he was so excited he ran into the ocean with all his clothes on before we could catch up with him. A lot of the day is spent chasing him or trying to keep him entertained. He got a shiny, new Diego trike for his birthday which he loves! This will prove useful in burning some of that energy he has.
However, like any toddler he has his moments. He is the passive aggressive tantrum thrower usually exhibited in prostrating himself on the ground in the middle of public places.
Like shown here in Ikea.
Or on the floor at the food court at the mall while I was I trying to get a picture of the matching cousins.
I thought about taking one of him on the floor during Sacrament meeting but thought I couldn't do it covertly enough...
Also, his cousin-worshipping soon turned to cousin hitting a few days after our arrival in Houston. I don't know quite what to make of it. He's been around other kids his whole life and never hits other kids! Just the one he loves the most I guess.... Just this weekend all the B family went to Temple, TX (to meet up with some other relatives who were in town there from Japan where they live) and while we were all hanging out in the hotel room we suddenly heard, "Ow, Ow, Ow!" coming from the closet. This incident happened more than once. And I'm sad to report that I had to chuckle both times! It just cracks me up that my 2 year old son was beating up his 4 year old cousin in the closet! We're just lucky that Sam is so sweet and never hits back.
Despite his two year old ways, I feel so lucky to be his Mom. I get to be there for all of it!
From Birth Day:
( about 30 minutes old)
To today:
Happy Birthday Elliott!

4 comments:
awww, yaaaay! i can't believe it's already been TWO YEARS, madelyn! WOW, how the time flies! and thanks for posting all those stories - it made me so excited to be a mom, myself! (especially since i think i'll be having a little boy, too ;)
anyways, i love and miss you! way to be awesome! how are you feeling, btw? if i'm not mistaken, you're in your 2nd trimester now, right? so hopefully your morning sickness/naseau has subsided :) update me! love ya!
Happy Happy Birthday! I can't believe it's already been 2 years!
Congratulations to all of you!
Wow, time flies. Happy birthday Elliott! And congrats to YOU, Madelyn, for surviving two whole years of motherhood! (I hope to make it there in another month...)
Happy Birthday Elliott, and happy BIRTH-day Mommy! I love reading your posts. I can't believe how much time has gone by. I feel like we have missed so much of each other's lives! I am so happy for your new little bundle in your tummy. I wish we were next door neighbors. I miss you so much!! Love you! Laura
Post a Comment