Wednesday, August 13, 2008

8 things tag

This tag took me days of pondering to complete!


8 things I'm passionate about:

1. Being on time, when it matters.
2. Doing whatever it is you do as well as possible.
3. Moms taking care of their personal mental, emotional, and physical health.
4. Having a happy marriage and lots of love in the home.
5. Being prepared and organized.
6. Reading to your kids.
7. Child hydration (stems from a weird fear I have of my child being thirsty and unable to tell me and also I just think kids need more water!) and child nutrition (ha! but you wouldn't know it from child's diet)
8. Hidden Valley Light Ranch dressing (this is the only light ranch I've found that's 90% as good as full fat) and other delicious foods too numerous to name, but life shoud be enjoyed with plenty of good food.

8 books I've read and enjoyed

I got so burned out on reading in college I don't know if I've read 8 books since then...I'm just getting back into it. Let's see...
1. Helping me Help Myself by Beth Lisick
2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
3. No One Can Ever Take Your Place by Sheri Dew
4. All of Sandra Boynton's baby board books! So great! Especially Hippos Go Berserk.
5. The Ensign and Good Housekeeping Magazines
6. On Becoming Babywise by Gary Ezzo (the best infant sleep guide book in my humble opinion)
and all my friends' blogs =)

8 words/phrases I say the most

1. "No, No, No Elliott! Stop!"
2. "We hold hands in the parking lot!"
3. "I don't know"
4. "In a minute"
5. "Maybe"
6. "Will you please _______?" (A nag in disguise- do you think he's noticed?)
7. "For the love!" My roommate from St. George got me saying this one and we said it so much that our delicate roommate asked us to stop saying it. It upset her that we were taking "love" in vain. Oh for the love!
8. "...and peace" This one we got from one of Brian's roommates. It means the same thing as "peace out" like in Napoleon Dynamite.

8 things to do before I die

1. Travel Europe with my husband.
2. Become a yoga instructor...maybe.
3. Learn a European language, preferably while serving a mission with my husband when we're old and cute and sprightly.
4. Be a good horn teacher, well known (like really well known) where I live, for getting young horn players off to a great start.
5. Be a family history research wiz.
6. Know the scriptures better.
7. Pay off student loans.
8. See my kids grow up to be happy, high functioning adults.

8 things I learned this past year.

1. No, the mice aren't contained to where you think (hope) they are.
2. How to blog.
3. It's who-you-know more often than it should be.
4. How much I enjoy exercising.
5. Dreams you thought long gone can come true.
6. The Lord can make money and blessings appear out of nowhere when you're faithful.
7. new.familysearch.org
8. Some lessons about leadership/working in a leadership position at church.

8 Things I miss

1. Peace time/pre 9-11/pre terrorism
2. Only being responsible for myself (only sometimes do I wish for this)
3. Being a college student
4. My senior year of high school (the year I fell in love)
5. Not having to go to the bathroom all the time.
6. hearing the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on a weekly basis
7. Laura, Marissa, and Juliann
8. Having my mom pay for my shoes

8 things I currently want and/or need
1. A genie to unpack my house when we get back
2. A genie to take away the student loan debt
3. To find out I'm having a girl, but of course I'd happily take a healthy baby of either kind.
4. Some piece of artwork with turquoise in it for my living room
5. A giftcard to Target with no limit (ha! wouldn't that be nice?!)
6. A new 2nd car, one my husband isn't embarrassed to drive to work.
7. A really cute haircut and highlight
8. To get back to my house and "normal" life, enough of this summer vacation gallavanting about the country business!

8 people to tag:
I was never good at tag.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It's 8s for the Olympics! Scott says that in China, you have to pay for your phone and the more auspicious the phone number is, the more expensive it is. So, if you get a number with lots of 8s in it, it's very expensive. And if you get a number with lots of 4s in it, it's super cheap. (4 is a homophone with death, incidentally.)

Jenny Bay said...

I love those Sandra Boynton board books, too! They are so cute. I really like the Going to Bed Book - so fun!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.