Happy Birthday Brian!
I did two things I've never done before for his birthday:
1. made a cookie cake
Why have I never made one before? Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite treat so why not? I'd always stressed about how long to bake it/how would I know if it was done....yeah I overbaked it. I should have reduced my baking time because I used a pizza pan that had holes in it. But I used Alton Brown's chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe (which is fabulous) and we ate it the same day so it was still nice and chewy and didn't matter so much that I overbaked it. Whew. And yes I know white icing would have shown up better but he likes chocolate icing the most and let's get real, I go for speed, not beauty when I ice, so it's all just as well that you can't see the icing.
2. I surprised him with a little get together.
I've never thrown a surprise party and he was surprised! It was great! His birthday was on Sunday and he had to work. They played a concert out of town that afternoon (what a drag on your birthday!) so the best friends we've made at church so far were here when he got home. Brian said it really made his birthday a lot less lame to spend it with fun friends! We sure wish all you friends out there reading this could have been here with us too.

3 comments:
Mmmmm, k, so I haven't checked blogs in a month or so (I'm amazing), and I LOVE all your last posts!! We would've been there with bells on to celebrate with you cool kids. Brian still looks 16, though. Doesn't even look like a legal drinker. Or car renter. :) Good job surprising him! And the cookie cake looks divine. You're just too gourmet and hard on yourself -- I'm sure it was AMAZING like all Blanchard specials. You guys look like you are having so much fun! I love it.
That looked really good. I will have to look into that recipe. Also, I can't believe that Lily is 11 months already. She was still so tiny when we left.
Nice job throwing a surprise party. My brother used to work at a cookie place in the mall and ever since then I love those decorated cookies...almost more than pie, but definitely more than cake.
Happy Birthday to Brian!
Post a Comment