A couple weeks ago Elliott started telling us about his (imaginary) brother, Jack. We're not quite sure what brought on this new brother or his name but apparently Jack has a really exciting life because he goes to magic school and comes up in conversation daily. One day we asked Elliott where Jack lives, "In Heaven." Say, what?! Are you trying to tell us something, son? When we asked Elliott if Jack was bigger than him or smaller than him, he said Jack was bigger. Whew. He later clarified that Jack actually lives in St. Louis.
Jack came in handy yesterday while we were in a store and the slightly creepy store owner started talking to Elliott, while looking at Lily bundled up in her brown and PINK winter coat in the stroller, "Well your brother is awfully cute, what's his name?" Elliott, who usually pipes up to strangers, was a little dumbfounded because he knew the man was talking about his sister. Elliott mumbled, "He's not a he." But the store owner kept on with 'your brother this, your brother that' and so Elliott finally said, "My brother's name is Jack."
I buried my giggles in a greeting card as the store owner was finally satisfied and Elliott was relieved that maybe someone else knew Jack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

4 comments:
What a great story! Miss you guys!
I love that Elliott has a "friend." Besides having an imaginary friend when I was young, it also helps me realize Miss O's new tendancy to talk in this strange gibberish language and then interpret it for us in normal English less crazy and more age appropriate. :)
I don't know when people will finally take a good long look at a baby before they pipe up and say boy or girl. I have gotten that sooooo many times I can't even count. Fun story. You know you are going to have a real Jack coming your way.
Oh that is hilarious. Love it!
Post a Comment