1. Did you watch So You Think You Can Dance tonight? It was the finale. Well tomorrow is the real finale, when they announce the winner. Many of the routines were kinda lame tonight. Maybe they went easier on them because all the dancers had to learn 3 routines instead of 2. They did not equally showcase all the dancers, that's for sure. For the first time ever there is a married couple in the finale. And if you've been as faithful a viewer (fanatic) as I, you would have caught Ashleigh's college graduation pic right in front of the unmistakable byu carillon and Ashleigh and Ryan's wedding photo in front of those alcoves at the back of the slc temple. For the first time all season they danced together tonight and oh my heck I'm such a sap I had tears in my eyes, just like they did. And then I went and bought the song they danced to on itunes. One of the judges said something like 'the hallmark of that dance for me was the incredible tenderness.' And it was loving tenderness in dance form on a live stage in front of millions. When the judge asked Ashleigh how it felt she said "Perfect." I'm sure that was enough sappiness right there to turn half the millions against them but isn't it good for the world to see pure, real, tender love, portrayed beautifully on tv. It does feel "perfect" to view an antidote to the way more prevalent raunchy, sex-pot 'love' themed routines.
I know you aren't the favorites Ashleigh and Ryan, but I voted for you guys anyway, forty times or so.
2. I can't remember what the 2nd thing was.
3. In the line at Kohl's tonight I saw the 79 year old woman in front of me had the same brown leather Skechers on as I did. *Whah Whah Whah* (sound of a trombone with a plunger mute making sounds to the effect of I feel like a loser) slap another star on the belt of my mom jeans, batman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

5 comments:
OR! maybe she was an ultra-hip 79 year old, because i know you always dress cute ;)
love you! merry christmas!
Re: #3 I laughed aloud. Merry Christmas!
SHE MUST HAVE BEEN SUPER TRENDY FOR 79:)
They totally did an article on Ashleigh and Ryan in the Daily Universe a few weeks ago. Very cool!
Ohhhh my holy heck I have not read your blog in forever and I miss you, my friend!! WAH WAH WAHHHHH...oh I still have tears in my eyes. (from laughing, I promise!!) As long as you're not wearing the matching denim vest, you are so, so far from mom jeans territory. That was just one friggin' hot granny. Or mutton dressing like a lamb. Or blind. Or all those. ;)
Post a Comment