Friday, October 26, 2007

Camera Sadness

Our digital camera has been banged around a few times but I guess yesterday when Elliott somehow reached up on the desk and grabbed it and it came walloping down onto the wood floor, it was the last blow. I didn't realize it until today when I was dutifully putting new batteries in it for Trunk or Treat tonight and it didn't turn on. Sadness! I'm a first-time-mom-picture-taking-maniac! I love posting them all up on Snapfish to send to relatives and printing some out to scrapbook.

We definitely need to replace it asap. We've always wanted to get a nice camera, maybe this is a good excuse. But we can't really afford a nice one so just a normal one will do. Do you guys have any suggestions? Brands? Favorite store to get it at? Ways to save money when buying a new camera? Do you think it's worth trying to get this one fixed? It's two years old. Or a favorite nice camera if we decide to go that route?

If my grandpa were still alive, he'd buy me a camera. Radio Shack was his favorite store and he owned about 20 cameras when he died. (well he owned about 20 of everything, he was a pack rat) Just think if he had made it to the digital camera era...

Hopefully someone will take a picture of Elliott tonight and I can post it later.

Also, my symphony/opera gig is going well. It's so fun to get to go to work and leave the diaper changing/breakfast making/milk pouring to Brian for a few hours. However, it is very stressful and intimidating to know you're the weakest link and most likely to constantly mess things up amongst long time professional musicians. It's a dream come true to play with such amazing musicians.

Brian is auditioning (yes I know he just won an audition) for Principal Horn of St. Louis on Monday. Hopefully he'll advance to the semi-finals which won't be until December.

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a bummer! Sorry, I have no camera buying suggestions. I'm not a big fan of the one we have and I'm eagerly awaiting a time when we can afford to buy a nice one.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.