Saturday, October 20, 2007

October 19


Brian and I have been a couple for 6 years today. It was a brisk fall night at Interlochen and we were on a walk along the lake. We had been "talking" for about a week and it was time to DTR. My 17 year old self was giddy and a bit nervous due to the awkwardness of defining the relationship. But Brian in his mischievously charming way grabbed my hand and said, "So are you my girl now or what?" I could have melted I thought it was so cute. I mumbled something like, "Yeah I think we could make that work." I held out 5 more days till I let him kiss me. It was fireworks. The rest is history.

I couldn't be happier. We have a great, healthy marriage, a beautiful son, and he gets paid to do what he loves....tonight we met Mr. and Mrs. Helzburg. Yes, as in the diamonds.

1 comment:

Janina Herbert said...

oh my gosh! you guys have been together for over 6 years?! WOW. that's awesome! and i thought matt and i were veterans, having known eachother for 3! haha.

HOW ARE YOU?! guess what? your blog (along with a couple other friends' blogs) pushed me over the edge into blogdom. yup. i'm now a blogger. but i'm not done with our blogspot - once it's ready, I'll be sure to invite everybody to come see it!
I'm so glad you update your blog - that way i can see what's going on in your life and feel a little more caught up!
I MISS YOU!! please write me back! love ya!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.