My son loves opera. The other night, PBS was showing a 1981 opera production at the Met starring Pavarotti. I turned it on and a minute later Elliott came in the room and stood in front of the TV and watched it, captivated, for 15 minutes. That's the longest he's ever watched anything, ever. It was so cute. Sometimes he would conduct the with conductor, sometimes he would bounce/dance to the music, but mostly he just watched and listened to the greatest tenor who has ever lived. He really liked watching a conductor on TV. I suppose he picked up on the idea because during the Primary program at church today he conducted right along with the songs and even clapped when they finished.
Yesterday Elliott got his first big boy haircut. Yes, I've trimmed it a few times myself and it looks okay but in anticipation of family Christmas photos, I decided it was time for him to get a real haircut. He did better than I thought he would, better than he does for me. I came prepared with a sucker and that did keep him happy for the first half of the haircut. The lady cutting it used the clippers for the sideburns and a little on the neck and Elliott found that pretty terrifying. I appreciated the lady having an aggressive, let's just get it done attitude because it looks good and it made me feel like it was worth my $11 (if cutting a one year old's hair could ever be worth $11!).
Before:

4 comments:
The haircut looks great! I've paid up to $15 for Riley's cuts. It's worth it not to have to deal with a wiggly toddler! If only her hair wouldn't grow so fast...
Hey, funny that you should comment... I was just reading your blog too. I read it all the time, just don't comment. That's the kind of friend that I am. Reliable. I can't believe that you found me, you crazed stalker.
Sarah
PS. Cute haircut. That's why we have girls- we're NEVER going to cut the hair of these one-day long-haird freaks.
I can't believe how big he looks in that picture! What a cutie!
He's a very handsome boy!
Post a Comment