Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving and a new baby is born.

Alright, I'm tired of seeing that grainy picture of the bachelor every time I pull my blog up so I should make a new post....

Thanksgiving was good. We went to another orchestra member's house, along with 20 other orchestra members. They made 3 turkeys! An oven roasted, a rotisserie, and a smoked one. We all brought side dishes. I made my famous Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes. They turned out so good this year. I also made a caramel popcorn crusted sweet potato casserole. I also made some really good rolls, ones my mom always makes, with cardamom in them. And Brian made three pies: 2 apple crostatas and 1 triple chocolate dulce de leche pie. Okay, so we brought a little more food than we had to. It was fun though. Here's a picture of me and E on Thanksgiving Day. He's a little sullen.


On Black Friday I got most of my Christmas shopping done. What a weird feeling--I've never been like that before. I'm always a Christmas Eve shopper. I had to take Elliott along with me cause Brian had rehearsal so that was not very fun at times. Like the times he was screaming cause he wanted out of the cart. I had to keep finding new toys I could hand him off the shelf to entertain him.

On the evening of black Friday, one of my friend's mom died. My friend is my age and an only child. Her mom has had Multiple Sclerosis for the last 30 years. Her body just couldn't do it anymore. So sad to lose a parent, especially at the holiday times. I had a friend in HS who had MS and Brian's aunt does...it's a disease that I think really takes a backseat to all the other diseases we always talk about these days.

Today, a new baby B* was born and now I have 2 nephews. I haven't seen any pictures yet (!) but I hear little Thomas is cute and healthy. Congratulations to Brian's brother and his family. Can't wait to meet him next month! A new healthy baby is such a wonderful blessing to have this Thanksgiving. And I bet his mom is thankful he came 2 weeks early!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving. Your Chipotle Scalloped Sweet Potatoes sound delicious! I think I need the recipe. I also had to shop black Friday with a kid in tow...not much fun!

Janina Herbert said...

i miss you, too!! we actually flew there (good deal on the flights:). and don't worry, matt's dad took pics of matt and me, so i'll be sure to post those once i get them (if i like the way i look in them! :P)

i'm so glad your chipotle scalloped sweet potatoes came out delicious (of course!)

i love how we both blog, now! :):) anyways, gotta go but love and miss you!!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.