Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweetie

Today is my husband's birthday. And as seems to be the blogging way, I must commemorate by posting. He's the big 24! I'm so thankful he was born and thankful to have had another year with him. Only 3.4 million more years to go. ;) I tried to be extra nice and not make him take care of Elliott as much as I have been making him share the parenting load. He got a new sweater, a new dress shirt (a lavender one I might add), a tie (sounds lame but it was a sweet tie!), and with some birthday money is buying a bicycle trainer. A bicycle trainer is a device you set your back bike wheel on that allows it to spin but you don't go anywhere. It's imperative for indoor cycling during cold weather. And my husband's biggest hobby is cycling in case you didn't know. He has the special shoes and the spandex shorts and everything.

It was a pretty normal day. I would have loved to go out to eat with him but he had Nutcracker rehearsal tonight. I think the highlight of his day was when I sent him to the grocery store for milk and he came across some items that were on clearance because they are due to expire tomorrow: already made, vacuum sealed guacamole. Each package marked down to only 10 cents each. Brian bought all of them (supposedly you can freeze them)! He opened one up as soon as he got home and we ate the whole thing. He has been deprived of guac since we got here seeing as a single avocado is $2.


Holy Guacamole!


Tomorrow we are having his work buddies over for cake n stuff. Should be fun. I want to be that good wife that loves and is good at entertaining. Truth be told, it's very stressful for me. Not the house cleaning and party food cooking part, the social part when they all get here. Everytime I have people over, which is not that often, I get a complex that it's going to be the most boring and lame time ever and they will hate me.....silly me.

Happy Birthday Sweetie! Love you!

1 comment:

happyfamily said...

Happy Birthday to Brian! You have accomplished much in your short life and I salute you!
Also... bicycling! I had no idea. What an interesting and non-Chicago-like pastime. Cool!

Madelyn, I hear you on the social part. I HATE the social part.

Sarah

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.