Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bluejays

One of the charming features of our rent house is a garage...with no garage door opener. On Monday morning, as I was pushing it open, the door started coming back down because I hadn't pushed hard enough. I put my hand up ready to catch it and push it up again, but the way I had my hand angled, the entire weight of the door landed on my thumb and jammed it back into the lowest thumb knuckle. I've jammed a few fingers in my day but never a thumb. Ouch! It hurt really bad at the time and still hurts actually, 5 days later. I wonder how long I should let it hurt before I should have a doctor look at it.....

I decided to still go to the gym and I was so glad I did because on the way I saw the most beautiful bluejay. When I was a little girl looking out the window my parents would point out if there was a bluejay outside. When they said it, there was this awed reverence for the bluejay.


"He gave me my eyes that I might see..."

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hope your thumb starts feeling better! Growing up, we always looked for blue jays in our backyard too. How fun!

aurora said...

Ouch!

Blue Jays are a special sight, I agree.

Janina Herbert said...

madelyn, i totally love your blog entries! they are so wonderful! :) thanks for sharing!

Brekke said...

I have the same feelings for Cardinals. I had a dress with cardinals on it when I was in preschool and I loved it. It's silly, but that's the story.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.