Sunday, December 23, 2007

Don't bother me while I'm practicing


A family at church wanted to give away their old piano! How lucky are we? I'm so happy to have a piano, especially after we get it tuned. Yikes! I don't really play piano....I took a year and a half in college cause I had to but never got very good at it. I would love to one day be able to play lots of Primary songs and the Simplified Hymns at sight.

Elliott loves it! He's not really let me have a turn. He always has to have some music open on the piano. He'll play a few notes, turn the page, play some more, turn the page, close the book, open the book, etc. Last night he insisted on turning on a metronome and putting it on the piano and playing. Silly kid. It's been a really nice distraction for him since we have been stuck inside, safe from all the snow.

No comments:

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.