Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Baking

Are you tired of Holiday Baking? Have you washed your kitchenaid bowl one too many times? And yet...you know you have to make another batch of cookies: for the neighbor, for a teacher, for your VTs, for Santa....when will it ever end? Oh the calories.

Well here is a very yummy and very easy Christmas Cookie:

Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies

1 White Cake mix (I suppose yellow would work too)
2 eggs
1/2 C oil (or melted/soft butter?)
peppermints for crushing

Combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil with a spoon. I used 1/2 C oil but I think I could have used less and it would have been fine. Crush candycanes or peppermints, whatever you have on hand. I used 15 little peppermint discs. I used my Pampered Chef onion chopper to do the crushing, worked fabulously! Form a bit of the dough into a ball and then roll around in the peppermint dust like you would a snickerdoodle in cinnamon/sugar. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Now, my cookies spread out big time. I couldn't even get 9 on a sheet without them bleeding into each other. Evidence of too much oil? The key is: LET THEM COOL on the sheet for a couple minutes and then on a rack. They will fall apart if you're impatient. Use parchment paper if you have it. Enjoy!

These cookies really are simple and soooo Christmasy!


2 comments:

Emma said...

OOOH Sounds yummy! Love the picture!

Megan said...

I'll have to try those!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.