Thursday, January 24, 2008

Enough

For the second time in 2 weeks, both Brian and Elliott are sick. Cold/cough/fever. So annoying and sad. I'm so lucky I haven't been sick either time...yet. Mom blessings I guess. Cause who would keep the house running/family fed/laundry done/sick people taken care of if the Mom was sick?! It's so draining for me to pull all the weight, for the 2nd time now since we got back from Tejas. I guess it makes me appreciate that in the times we're all healthy, Brian is around to help and does, since now that he's resting, I feel more of a strain. It's really amazing how much we take our bodies for granted, until they aren't working properly. And it's so hard to be patient while they're recovering. It's also frustrating how the strain of taking care of everything and everyone leaves me feeling selfish and resentful.

All right, enough pity party.

Did you know it's super cold here? Negative 2 last night! Can Spring come a little faster please?

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Blech! Nothing's worse than a sick kid. Except maybe a sick kid AND a sick husband! You know, I used to get multiple colds a year, but (knock on wood), I haven't gotten sick since R was born. Motherhood must come with superpowers or something... Anyhow, hang in there! And get well soon to the rest of the gang!

Janina Herbert said...

YOU CAN DO IT, MADELYN!!! i'll pray for you :)

love you!

Megan said...

That's no fun. Hope they start feeling better and that you don't get it! Good luck!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.